Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bored?

I've been having some interesting conversations this week.

Yesterday hubs and I were sitting in the living room flipping channels and I asked him what was wrong.  He just looked...well...bored.

"I'm bored.  With everything."

I've been whining about that for two weeks now but I was blaming my boredom on the fact that the kids are going back to school 11 days later than usual this year. 

Then Neighbor came over for dinner and he asked me why hubs was sitting on the couch like a zombie. 

"Because he's bored.  With everything."

"Yeah?!  Me too!  I go to work; I go to the gym; I eat at your house; I go to bed.  I'm bored too!"

Today, I visited with the other half of The Jammin' Divas to make mint and onion-garlic jelly - which by the way does not taste like garbage breath wrapped in a sweaty gym sock - and guess what?  She's bored too!

Did I mention that even while I'm typing this my children are fussing abot being bored?

So here are the theories we have right now.  Our summer from release to restart is 11 days longer.  Ooor...The widespread intense heat has been just beating people down and sucking all ambition out of folks.  Ooor...The economic tide has REALLY caught up and no one is doing anything because they just don't want to spend the money.  Oooor...It's just that time of year.  Ooor...(Insert your reasoning here.)

In the meantime, I've found a solution for Neighbor's boredom.  He can cook dinner for me!

No comments: