Friday, July 23, 2010

High Five for Eloping!

My hubs and I have a tradition.  At some point during every wedding we attend, we look at each other and share a high five.  We eloped so we didn't have to deal with all the lunacy that goes with planning a wedding.  This week's news story about "Lois" has me high fiving him daily.

Surely you've heard about Lois!  The Texas corpse flower that is about to burst forth any minute?  That's right people.  This is a gigantic (apparently gorgeous) flower that smells like a rotting corpse.  And it is about to bloom in the middle of the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
And what does that have to do with weddings, you ask?  Well, a darling couple booked a small, intimate wedding amidst the delights and beauty of the butterfly garden.  Which is...?  Right next door to Lois.  So not only is the museum open 24-7 so that people can witness this "magnificent" bloomin' event (so much for small) but they get to deal with the stench of a rotting body at the same time (how's that for intimacy?). 

I know that you all think I make these things up sometimes but here is your proof.  I am linking you up to the WEBCAM of Lois.  That's right people!  They have a webcam so we can watch Lois show her stuff.  And if you really want to see the original news story you can check my facts on that too.

So now; you tell me.  Don't you think I owe it to the world to give my hubby a high five right now?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

First of all, maybe it's something you have to see in person, but I think it's an ugly flower. And it smells like a rotting corpse? Let me run right out to see it. =p

At first I was like "my wedding was awesome, I would do it again." Then I remembered my MIL flipping out, my BFF upset that we drove the wrong car to the reception (not the one SHE decorated), my sister being hateful (which caused me to spend the first 10 minutes of my reception in the bathroom crying), the money we spent on food and a cake that we barely got a bite of.. Yeah, you can high five away. You were definitely smarter LOL