Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Word about Obsessions

Now I would not say I'm obsessive compulsive. I would say that I have anal tendencies maybe - but compulsive? I'm not that extreme. But there are some things that have to be done a certain way for me.

The paper towels and toilet paper. The have to be replaced in a timely fashion and they have to come over the top. If you intend to post a comment telling me that under the bottom is the correct way, don't waste your time. You will never convince me of this.

Squeezing the toothpaste from the bottom. You have no idea how many times I have wanted to buy Beloved and I separate tubes of toothpaste. It just has to be done that way because it's neater.

monk Pictures, Images and Photos

Unloading the dishwasher. You start with the plates, move to the cups and glasses and finish with the silverware. Don't hand me two sippy cups and then a plate! That just doesn't make sense! And please take the time to stack the silverware before you put it in the drawer. I can't stand a jumbled silverware tray.

As much as I hate doing it, I would rather fold my own laundry thank you. T shirts have to be smoothed. Towels get folded into squares and piles are sorted as you fold into their proper organizational categories.

I'm not obsessive. I just know what works for me and I prefer to do it that way. Ok. So maybe I was closer with the "anal" idea but I don't like the sound of that word. I'm "particular." That's better!

What are you "particular" about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same way, except with the toothpaste. I do squeeze it up from the bottom from time to time, but I'm a middle squeezer. Ever since I started washing dishes by hand when I was so young I needed a chair, I had a certain order things got washed and I still do it like that. Very particular =)

Anonymous said...

I forgot how much I love this blog!

To answer your question - what am I NOT obsessive about? Oh yeah, everything has to be perfect but somehow I've let my ass balloon to the unperfect size of a tractor-trailer.

Anonymous said...

by the way, who did this blog layout? have I told you that I love it? I love the zoo one, too.

TheXMom said...

I have to have my towels folded in squares too.. I'm obsessive about vacuuming.