Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Can't just Keep Calling it "The Project"


I just (sniff, sniff) finished Marley & Me (honk and snots). I'll admit that even before seeing the movie, you know how the book is going to end. It doesn't make it any less emotional or gut wrenching. And I still love the story and relive my own life with a faithful dog while reading it.

So now it is on to Pygmalion. Which by the way may be my first cheat, but in my defense I didn't know I was cheating. George Bernard Shaw is definitely a classic author, right? So how was I to know that he pilfered Pygmalion from a guy named Ovid? Maybe eventually I'll get back to the "real" Pygmalion but for now I'll do penance for my cheat by reading two more of Mr. Shaw's plays right after Pygmalion (which is only 137 pages long).

In the meantime, I need some help. I can't just keep calling this "The Project." It has no flair. No ring. And now that I'm ready to launch the child friendly version, I really feel impressed to have a nice catchy name for "The Project." Hopefully one that can be tweaked to fit a family version too.

Leave me your ideas in the comments. Beg your friends for help. Pimp my post anywhere you can. I'll pick my faves and then we'll poll. Perhaps I'll even put a copy of a book from "The Project" on the line and the winning name will get a little present in the mail. Maybe Julie & Julia since it kicked the whole thing off? We'll see. Start brainstorming people because I can't work with "The Project" - it's just not going to keep me going for a year.

5 comments:

Ragmansdaughter said...

Well immediately I am thinking the Lavatory Library project, or the Storytime Safari to go with the themes of the blogs, but give me some time to get the creative juices flowing here, and I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Jennifer said...

I do have to admit I like Lavatory Library. =) Ummm... Potty Pages. The Blue Water Book Challenge. That's all I can think of right now.

Unknown said...

I just want to say, how impressed I am with your blog. I am not sure what "The project" is but I can only assume that it is a book you have been working on. My vote is to call it, "The Best Neighbor Ever."

Unknown said...

Okay people, forgive me I am just starting to figure out this blogging thing. I found on your site what "the project" is all about. You are going to help in keeping print alive.

I had a discussion the other day with Kathy, a friend, about how books could become obsolete. She acted as if I was speaking blasphamy (i don't know how to spell that word.) She loves book covers and bindings and such. She is a classic bookworm. I will be sure to fill her in on your project. She might be up for "The Challenge."

Me, I am lucky if I read two books a year. But love to hear about the stories.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

OK, my problem is...I'm not sure what it is you're trying to name. I realize I'm new here and all, but is it about reading the classics?